Update 2020: This post is now outdated and archived, but feel free to read it to remember what it was like. ?
WordPress 2.7 has been around quite a long time already, and I was still using wordpress 6. It was because I do not know exactly how to upgrade it. So, I didn’t upgrade to wordpress 2.7.
One day, my friend, Sundar, asked me whether I have upgraded to the latest version of wordpress. I said no. He then introduced a plugin that lets you upgrade to 2.7 easily. It’s called WordPress Automatic Upgrade.
According to its description, here’s how the plugin works:
- Backs up the files and makes available a link to download it.
- Backs up the database and makes available a link to download it.
- Downloads the latest files from http://wordpress.org/latest.zip and unzips it.
- Puts the site in maintenance mode.
- De-activates all active plugins and remembers it.
- Upgrades wordpress files.
- Gives you a link that will open in a new window to upgrade installation.
- Re-activates the plugins
It will guide you step by step through all that.
After finishing the steps, I saw wordpress 2.7 in front of my eyes! It is more advanced and is much easier to navigate than 2.6.
I hope you will find wordpess 2.7 useful and easy. Again, to download the plugin, click here.
10 Things You Need To Know About WordPress 2.7